The procedure will be performed using a local anesthesia such as Novocaine or Lidocaine. There are generally no restrictions following the procedure and in most instances the patient can drive and even return to work.
- Please continue taking all medications for blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems and any other conditions as recommended by your physician. The procedure does not require that you stop taking any medications unless specifically advised by your physician.
- Please eat a normal breakfast or lunch as applicable.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time to finalize all necessary paperwork.
- If you have been advised by your physician or dentist to use antibiotic premedication prior to a dental procedure because of mitral valve prolapsed (MVP), heart murmur, hip, knee, cardiac or other prosthesis, or rheumatic heart disease, then it will be necessary to premedicate one hour prior to the treatment. Please make sure you are on the appropriate antibiotic on the day of your appointment. If there is any question concerning antibiotic premedication, please call our office prior to your appointment. We will be more than happy to review this with you.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you were given a referral form by your dentist, please bring that with you to your appointment.
- If unable to keep your appointment, please give our office at least 24 hours notice so we may schedule another patient in need of care.